Building Code and Building Construction - Questions and Answers
Or when you want to know how construction is supposed to be done.

|
AskCodeMan.com
|

Custom Search

stall shower slope

stall shower slope

New postby will5443 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:41 am

Jerry - I know we discused this a many years ago. I have a situation where the stall shower does not drain properly. Water pools in one area and does not drain out completely. I have looked through the plumbing code online but cannot find anything on this subject. I might be looking in the wrong section. Can you help me with this one.

Bill
Bill Siegel
Florida Home Inspection Team Inc
will5443

Re: stall shower slope

New postby Jerry Peck - Codeman on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Bill,

I believe you are referring to this:
- From the 2010 FBC-Residential (but has been this way for some time) (bold and underlining are mine)
- - P2709.1 Construction.
- - - Shower receptors shall have a finished curb threshold not less than 1 inch (25 mm) below the sides and back of the receptor. The curb shall be not less than 2 inches (51 mm) and not more than 9 inches (229 mm) deep when measured from the top of the curb to the top of the drain. The finished floor shall slope uniformly toward the drain not less than 1/4 unit vertical in 12 units horizontal (2-percent slope) nor more than 1/2 inch (13 mm), and floor drains shall be flanged to provide a water-tight joint in the floor.

The floor surface under the shower pan liner is also required to slope a minimum of 1/4 inch per foot to drain water to the weep holes in the shower drain.
Jerry Peck - CodeMan
AskCodeMan.com
Construction Litigation Consultant - Retired
Construction and Code Consultant - Semi Retired
Jerry Peck - Codeman
Site Admin

Return to Plumbing: Water heaters, fixtures, traps, hose bibbs, water pressure, supply & DWV piping