Building Code and Building Construction - Questions and Answers
Or when you want to know how construction is supposed to be done.

|
AskCodeMan.com
|

Custom Search

Fixture Cout Clarification

Fixture Cout Clarification

New postby EnE_arch on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:26 am

Hello, we are doing a multi-family development. Within the development we will have a clubhouse and pool amenity.

The clubhouse will be programmed for leasing, study rooms, TV room for sports watching, restrooms and a gym.

The pool and pool deck will be at the same level as the gym, restrooms, and TV Room.

Pool deck 5896 sqft @ 15 sqft per person
Pool 2000 sqft @ 40 sqft per person
TV room 750 sqft @ 150 sqft per person (I'm assuming business occupancy)
Gym 1011 sqft @ 50 sqft per person

Based on the occupancy above I'm getting 11 WC and 6 Lavs for this level only. Is there a way to reduce toilet count based on shared restrooms or do I need to calculate each space's occupancy and base WC count on each space then add them up? This is how I got 11 WC. Just trying to reduce toilet count.

Restrooms will be included within the clubhouse.
EnE_arch

Re: Fixture Cout Clarification

New postby Jerry Peck - Codeman on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 am

I recommend a separate restroom building for the pool, separating the count at the pool/pool deck area for the pool restrooms.

That also keeps the wetness associated with pool users and pool restrooms separate from the clubhouse restrooms, where you likely don't want wet floors (from the door to the pool area to the restrooms in the clubhouse).

Separate pool restrooms will also reduce the number of times the clubhouse door to the pool area is opened, reducing air conditioning losses, while also reducing freezing the wet people coming from the hotter pool area into the colder clubhouse and its restrooms.
Jerry Peck - CodeMan
AskCodeMan.com
Construction Litigation Consultant - Retired
Construction and Code Consultant - Semi Retired
Jerry Peck - Codeman
Site Admin

Return to Plumbing: Water heaters, fixtures, traps, hose bibbs, water pressure, supply & DWV piping